|Classical Herbal Formulas: Understanding Physiology and Clinical Applications||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
This online course is made up from a six part webinar series taught by Sharon Weizenbaum. It is designed to bring light to some useful yet obscure herbal formulas from the Shang Han Za Bing Lun (Treatise on Damage From Cold and Miscellaneous Illnesses). Beginning with an orientation and introduction to the series, Sharon will then teach the 6 formulas listed below.
Goals and Objectives:
- To give students new tools to diagnose and treat common illnesses such as skin diseases, asthma, prolapse, and GI distress with some simple and accessible classic formulas.
- To teach some useful formulas that may otherwise be overlooked.
- To deepen understanding of classic physiology and patho-physiology.
- To deepen understanding of individual herbs within formulas.
- To inspire students to study classic formula theory as a profound way of approaching Chinese medicine.
- Introduction to the six part series.
- Chi Xiao Dou Dang Gui San for allergic skin illnesses, eczema, late menstruation, and vaginitis.
- Dang Gui Bei Mu Ku Shen Wan for urinary tract infections, inhibited urination in pregnancy, and constipation in pregnancy.
- Ma Huang Fu Zi Xi Xin Tang for PCOS, thyroid cyst, uterine, anal or eyelid prolapse, and asthma & Ma Huang Fu Zi Gan Cao Tang for somnolence, bedwetting, and headaches.
- Fu Zi Geng Mi Tang for diarrhea, abdominal pain, post-surgical or post-partum abdominal pain, and nausea in pregnancy.
- Yi Yi Fu Zi Bai Jiang San for intestinal abscess, scaly skin conditions. Impetigo, and middle ear infection.