|Understanding and Treating the Breast Cancer Patient – Integration on All Levels||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
Upon completion of this course, the student will be better able to:
- Introduction of all topics and flow of course; Legal, Ethics, Malpractice Considerations; What OM can do; Communication; Integration; Biomedical Mechanisms; Types; What Cancer patients experience.
- Timing of them coming in; Most frequent complaints; diagnosis; biopsy; Lymph nodes; Margins; Size; Grading; Pathology; Staging; Metastasis; Treatment: Surgery, Reconstruction
- Radiation; Hair Loss; High Risk populations and Genetics; Research
- Integrating OM with Oncology; Referral; Information Gathering, including Denial; Treating; What Not to Do
- Main OM Patterns, Methods to Treat (Acupuncture, Herbs, Diet and Supplements): Anxiety, Issues Prior to Surgery, Issues Post Surgery, Surgical Pain; Scars; During Chemotherapy
- Oncotype; Methods to Treat (Acupuncture, Herbs, Diet and Supplements): During Radiation; Hair Growing in; Fatigue; Disturbed Sleep; Neuropathy; Low Appetite; Hot Flashes; Weight Gain
- "Long Term", After all treatment is concluded: Bone, Estrogen, Cruciferous Family, Inflammation, Anti Proliferative herbs, Family Dynamics, End of Life, Hospice
- Integrative Oncology, Abrams and Weil
- Definitive Guide to Cancer, Alschuler and Gazella
- Integrating Conventional and Chinese Medicine in Cancer Care, Lahans
- Attendance at dozens of Allopathic conferences on Breast Cancer
- 12 years direct work with medical oncologists specializing in Breast Oncology
- Seminars at the Society for Integrative Oncology
|Practical Ethics in Oriental Medicine||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
Satisfies NCCAOM requirement for 2 PDA in Ethics, Florida “General” hours, CTCMA category D (ethics) and AACMA 2 CPD in Professional Issues.
This course was designed to be super practical and straight forward.
- Attendees will learn top, key tenets of ethics in medical practice, forming the root, foundation of all others,
- Attendees will gain awareness and knowledge of some common ethical situations in medical practice,
- Attendees will learn and possess practical and usable tips on how to reduce or handle ethical situations,
- Attendees will have significant opportunity to, and will be encouraged to, initiate and participate in discussion of actual or potential ethical situations and solutions.
|Adaptogens - Modern Biomedical Understanding of Ancient Herbs||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
Adaptogens are a wonderful and useful collection of herbs. Whether you are a sophisticated herbalist that uses complex or customized formulas, or someone that primarily uses simple and pre made herbal formulas, you need to know about Adaptogens. Many of them stem from TCM herbal practice, and several key ones do not. But all of them are extensively researched and well classified in terms of their biomedical actions in the body. They serve important roles in the modern health care setting.
|Medical Errors Prevention: Increasing Safety, Decreasing Risk||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
This course has been specifically designed to be interesting and provide usable information - directly related to Oriental Medical practice. It is laid out in a very practical way and provides a step by step approach. It differs from most courses in this topic in that its focus is true life scenarios - of things that are actually occurring around the country - how we can learn from them, and easy things to do to prevent them. Most are easily prevented and dozens of simple and practical tips are provided in the course.
- To clarify and compare the most important terms: Medical Errors, Negligence, Safety, Risk, Risk Management, Lawsuits
- To know the types of actual injury or harm that is happening in the practice across the country, to learn from them, to apply this to our own practices and patient visits
- To have a list of methods and practices that attendees can use to implement and make their practices safer and lower the likelihood of injury having a practice related suit filed against them
Amy J. Sear, A.P, Dipl. O.M. (NCCAOM) is an experienced speaker, and is valued for her organized, practical, and information filled presentations. She earned a Bachelor degree from Cornell University and completed her Oriental Medicine education from the Acupressure Acupuncture Institute in Miami, FL., where she received awards for outstanding achievement in academics and clinical practice. She teaches at two schools of OM in Florida, has been a CEU provider since 2000, and has been a guest lecturer at many national conferences.