|Effectiveness, Efficacy, Mechanisms, Problems and Solutions in Acupuncture Research||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
This course will discuss the Effectiveness, efficacy, mechanisms, problems and solutions in acupuncture research. It will delve into the following:
- Does acupuncture work?
- How does acupuncture work?
- Problems and solutions in acupuncture research
Does acupuncture work?
A review of the current status of effectiveness/efficacy research]
Quantity and rapid growth of clinical trials
The Acupuncture Evidence Project
Goals and Objectives
- To briefly review the current status of acupuncture effectiveness/efficacy research.
- To briefly review the current state of acupuncture mechanism research and explore the ways mechanism research can be used in communicating with other health professionals and patients.
- To understand why placebo-controlled randomised controlled trials consistently underestimate the effectiveness of acupuncture.
- To understand why randomised controlled trials are inappropriate for measuring effectiveness for complex interventions using examples from acupuncture, psychotherapy and surgery research.
- To explore the advantages and disadvantages of comparative trials and Bayesian network meta-analysis to inform clinical practice guideline development.