|The Seven Po and the Wisdom of the Body Soul||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
In this webinar, Lorie Dechar will share her research into the psycho-emotional function and spiritual potency of the po soul.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- a theoretical understanding of the seven po from the viewpoint of Taoist mythology and philosophy;
- an understanding of the function of the po from the viewpoint of traditional Chinese medicine and its overall relationship to wushen, the Five Spirits;
- an ability to recognize symptoms related to the po soul;
- and, clinical tools, including points, acupuncture protocols, essential oils, flower essences and qigong practices that can be used in clinical practice to treat po-related symptoms.
|Wu Shen – A Technology of Transformation||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
Wu Shen, the Five Spirits, make up the Taoist map of the human psyche. The system provides a mythical view of the nervous system and forms the basis of Chinese medical psychology. The Five Spirits also describe a precise and efficient technology for psycho-spiritual transformation. While this ancient system is recognized by scholars as an integral part of the cannon of Taoist and traditional Chinese medical literature, it is under-emphasized in standard TCM curriculum.
- Be introduced to the theory and understand the clinical value of the system of Wu Shen: the Five Spirits
- Learn to recognize diagnostic indicators for Shen disturbances and specific strategies for each spirit
- Learn basic therapeutic responses to specific Shen disturbances including spirit points, essential oils and flower essences
- Introduction to Wu Shen
- The five attributes of the Shen
- Identifying and treating Shen Disturbances
|A Five Spirit Approach to Treating Shock and Trauma||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
- What is emotional and psychological trauma? Introduction to concept of trauma from Western psychological and Traditional Chinese Medical perspective. Review of key historical and theoretical issues as well as overlaps and differences between eastern and western points of view and attitudes. Specific relevance of trauma and PTSD to acupuncture practice. Review of the specific concerns and issues that arise for acupuncturists and practitioners of body-oriented treatment modalities. Why touch and body contact is both an advantage and a challenge.
- Etiology and risk factors. Signs and symptoms. How to recognize trauma and PTSD in the acupuncture treatment room.
- Safety and ethics. Review of safety issues and scope of practice. Recognizing red flags and when and how to refer to other health care providers.
- Introduction to the Five Spirits. An overview of wushen as a gateway to Taoist psychology and deep work with healing trauma.
- How the five shen respond to traumatic experience. A review of the Five Spirits and the specific symptoms that arise in response to trauma.
- Tools and Spirit points.
- Using flower essences and essential oils.
- Trauma as a Spirit issue. Alchemical values and attitudes.
Tools for the practitioner working on the spirit level. The inner and outer practices necessary for positive outcome.
Lorie Eve Dechar's intuitive work as an alchemical healer, mentor and teacher is supported by a strong foundation of theoretical understanding and clinical experience, including twenty-six years of Chinese medical practice, twelve years as a senior faculty member at the Tri-State College of Acupuncture in New York City as well as years of teaching at institutes and retreat centers throughout the United States, Canada and the U.K. Lorie is the author of Five Spirits: Alchemical Acupuncture for Psychological and Spiritual Healing.