Even if you cannot make the scheduled time for the live webinar, you will still be able to watch the recordings. Video recordings of the live webinar are placed into your account within 48 hours of the class, so the course will be waiting for you to watch when you are ready.
Live webinars fulfil all 50 hours of live CEUs for California. You have 2 years access to the recording to complete for CEU/PDA.
Diagnoses of autoimmunity are on the rise in the general patient population. Driven by dietary, lifestyle, and environmental factors, autoimmunity can cause damage to tissues and organs throughout the body.
Increasing evidence is demonstrating that not only do couples with autoimmune conditions face unique challenges with fertility and pregnancy, but also that unnamed autoimmune reactions within the body can affect hormone balance, tissue integrity, cell quality, implantation, and maintenance of pregnancy.
This presentation will provide attendees with an understanding of autoimmunity as a rising epidemic with a focus on effects on fertility and reproduction.
- Honolulu, HI, USA HST (UTC -10) Fri, Apr 26, 2019 6:45 am - 10:15 am
- Denver, CO, USA MDT (UTC -6) Fri, Apr 26, 2019 10:45 am - 2:15 pm
- Houston, TX, USA CDT (UTC -5) Fri, Apr 26, 2019 11:45 am - 3:15 pm
- New York, NY, USA EDT (UTC -4) Fri, Apr 26, 2019 12:45 pm - 4:15 pm
- London, United Kingdom GMT (UTC +1) Fri, Apr 26, 2019 5:45 pm - 9:15 pm
- Tel Aviv, Israel IDT (UTC +3) Fri, Apr 26, 2019 7:45 pm - 11:30 am
- Sydney, Australia AEST (UTC +10) Sat, Apr 27, 2019 2:45 am - 4:15 am
- Auckland, New Zealand NZST (UTC +12) Sat, Apr 27, 2019 4:45 am - 8:15 am
Goals & Objectives
- Understand the most commonly diagnosed autoimmune conditions and their impact on fertility, including Lupus, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Diabetes, and others.
- Describe and identify the well-recognized autoimmune forms of infertility including antiphospholipid syndrome
- Understand the current literature and draw relevant clinical conclusions for patients who demonstrate signs of autoimmune related infertility
- Correct the underlying drivers of autoimmunity to assist with resolution of optimal fertility, including removal of environmental triggers, improvement of nutrition and microbiota
- Confidently design treatment plans which address the most likely drivers of autoimmune infertility for the patient including nutrition, herbal medicine, functional nutritional supplementation, and medication options.
- Intro to Autoimmunity- prevalence, pathophysiology, & stats
- The Immune system in fertility & pregnancy
- Diagnosable Autoimmune disorders & their known impact on fertility
- Diagnostic criteria & key treatment strategies for each, briefly.
- Independent autoimmune etiologies of Infertility
- Autoimmunity and Miscarriage/RPL (20 minutes)
- Autoimmunity: The integrative/functional paradigm (Genetic predisposition, antigen/trigger exposure, intestinal permeability)
- Integrative approaches to evaluation & treatment of autoimmunity
Dr. Jaclyn Chasse, N.D. is a practicing naturopathic physician with a passion for fertility. Chasse currently works as the Medical Director at Emerson Ecologics, where she oversees the Medical Education and Quality teams, serving as the lead for all scientific/technical matters as well as quality operations including ensuring compliance with 21 CFR part 110/111, 210/211, and 11 as well as implementing the Emerson Quality Program. She also holds an adjunct faculty position at Bastyr University, teaching courses on reproductive endocrinology and infertility. Dr. Chasse is a graduate of Bastyr University and has an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. She has co-authored several peer reviewed articles in the field of medical biophysics and integrative medicine. She is a frequent contributor to NDNR and the Natural Medicine Journal, where she serves on the Editorial Board.
Dr. Chasse’s clinical practice focuses on infertility & reproductive medicine. In 2012, Dr. Chasse was honored to be named Leading Physician in Alternative Medicine by NH Magazine. Her practice, Perfect Fertility, offers fertility care for patients around the world. Prior to this practice, Dr. Chasse founded and grew Northeast Integrative Medicine, still the top integrative clinic in New Hampshire.
Dr. Chasse has been very involved throughout her professional career in improving health care access and education. As a medical student, she co-founded the Naturopathic Medical Student Association, now an affiliate branch of AMSA. She is the immediate past-president of the New Hampshire Association of Naturopathic Doctors. Under her leadership in the state, NDs achieved an expanded formulary and passed legislation to get insurance coverage for NDs. She has served on the Board of the American Herbal Products Association and the Endocrinology Association of Naturopathic Physicians. Dr. Chasse also proudly served as President of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians from 2016-17, and has served on the board of Directors since 2013.