Classic Herbal Formula Six Series with Sharon Weizenbaum
Below is a list of what will be taught in each class. We will go over the original clause, how the formula fits into the structure of the 6 conformations, how the individual herbs act individually and with each other and how the formula can be applied in the clinic. Case studies will be reviewed.
Class 1: Available on-demand. Click "Buy Now" to the right for free access
Introduction to the six part series.
Class 2: January 9th, 2018.
Class 3: February 13, 2018
- Dang Gui Bei Mu Ku Shen Wan for urinary tract infections, inhibited urination in pregnancy, and constipation in pregnancy.
Class 4: March 13, 2018
- Ma Huang Fu Zi Xi Xin Tang for PCOS, thyroid cyst, uterine, anal or eyelid prolapse, and asthma
- Ma Huang Fu Zi Gan Cao Tang for somnolence, bedwetting, and headaches
Class 5: April 10, 2018
- Fu Zi Geng Mi Tang for diarrhea, abdominal pain, post-surgical or post-partum abdominal pain, and nausea in pregnancy
Class 6: TBA
This free medigogy series (available free only until May 31, 2018) is designed to bring light to some useful yet obscure herbal formulas from the Shang Han Za Bing Lun (Treatise on Damage From Cold and Miscellaneous Illnesses). Beginning with an orientation and introduction to the series, Sharon will then teach the 6 formulas listed below.
Each formula is a window into understanding how physiology can go wrong, what happens when it goes wrong, how to recognize this detour from correct physiology and how to treat it with Chinese formulas. Hence each formula discussion is also a lesson in physiology from a classic formula perspective. Classic physiology is an area that Sharon Weizenbaum is uniquely able to teach. She offers a perspective that is extremely practical and clarifying, allowing students to place formulas easily into their repertoire.
- To give students new tools to diagnose and treat common illnesses such as skin diseases, asthma, prolapse, and GI distress with some simple and accessible classic formulas.
- To teach some useful formulas that may otherwise be overlooked.
- To deepen understanding of classic physiology and patho-physiology
- To deepen understanding of individual herbs within formulas
- To inspire students to study classic formula theory as a profound way of approaching Chinese medicine
Please note, The 6 lectures are available free to watch only until May 31, 2018. Afterward the 6 class series will be sold as an approved 6 hour CEU/PDA course through Healthy Seminars (Pro D and will no longer be available to watch for free). So, take advantage of this generous and excellent opportunity now to learn about physiology and classical Chinese Formulas from Sharon Weizenbaum.
More amazing resources and lectures from Sharon Weizenbaum:
Sharon Weizenbaum graduated from the New England School of Acupuncture in 1983 and has been practicing Chinese medicine for over 30 years. Her first gynecology teacher was Dr. Zhu Shu-rong from Shang Hai. In 1990 she traveled to Hang Zhou where she studied herbal gynecology with Dr. Qiu Xiao-mei as well as Chinese language. She continued her language study at Mt. Holyoke College and translates much of her own teaching materials. In 2007 she traveled back to China to study classic formulas with Dr. Huang Huang, who continues to be one of her teachers. She studied and apprenticed with Kiiko Matsumoto for 12 years and developed Integrative Mandala Acupuncture as a synthesis of her study with both Chinese and Japanese acupuncture teachers. Sharon is the director of White Pine Healing Arts clinic and educational facility. She teaches the Graduate Mentorship Program and Integrative Mandala Acupuncture nationally as well as shorter courses. Her articles have been published in The Lantern and in the North Amercan Journal of Oriental Medicine. She is known for her engaging, clinically relevant and clear teaching style.