This course will cover introduction to core concepts of functional medicine and all three body systems used in Kalish Method and practical application for running your first lab tests, interpreting them and getting patients started on a program blending lifestyle changes with lab based supplement programs. Dr. Dan Kalish has been interviewed on Mercola.com and is the author of
- Your Guide to Healthy Hormones
- The Kalish Method: Healing the Body, Mapping the Mind
Included with registration are 2 gifts:
1) E-Book - Your Guide To Health Hormones
2) Female Hormones PowerPoint Presentation with notes to use for giving lectures to the public (this is not copyrighted and meant for you to use and brand for yourself)
1. What are the unique challenges faced by acupuncturists in introducing functional medicine into their clinics.
2. Understanding the five pillars of functional medicine:
a. how to choose the right patients
b. Focus on the Kalish Method’s Three Body Systems
c. Patient communication skill development
d. Choosing the right lab tests to start with
e. Low overhead and use of technology
3. Case study on adrenals, case study on detox
4. How to use functional medicine to address common patient complaints presenting in acupuncture clinics to complement your existing treatment model: addressing weight loss, fatigue, stress, pain
5. Adrenal hormone testing, causes of adrenal fatigue, HPA axis regulation
6. Pregnenolone steal pathways and introduction to use of supplements
7. After getting started with adrenals, where to go next for more advanced cases: GI issues, female hormone issues and detoxification and the brain
8. The role of digestive health in functional medicine
9. The adrenal and GI connection: Secretory IgA and gut function
10. Female hormone programs for pre-menopausal women
11. Post menopausal females
12. Role of detoxification programs
1. Getting started with your first lab test, what test to order and why
2. How to explain the value and purpose of the test to your acupuncture patients
3. The details of the new patient interview: patient communications skills
4. Patient health history taking for functional medicine success
5. Guiding the new patient interview, goals and landmarks to achieve
6. Getting your first adrenal lab back, interpretation skills is it a Stage 1, 2 or 3?
7. How to get started with your first lab presentation to go over the results of their adrenal test and explain what the findings mean
8. Adrenal protocol skills, safe use of supplements required to fix HPA axis
9. Stage 1 example labs, stage 2 example labs, stage 3 example labs
10. Lifestyle factors to consider: diet changes, blood sugar control and gluten free
11. Coaching on exercise and sleep
12. Stress reduction: meditation, spiritual and emotional growth
Dr. Kalish received his B.A. in Physiological Psychology & Philosophy from Antioch College in Ohio and completed his Chiropractic degree in California. He also studied at the University of London and conducted research with biochemist Dr. Robin Monroe at Cambridge University. His studies led him to mentoring with renowned psychiatrist Dr. R.D. Lang utilizing drug-free treatments for schizophrenics.
More recently, Dr. Kalish proudly served as an advisor to the Honorable Patrick Kennedy and participated in the first One Mind For Research conference held in Boston in 2011 where 200 of the nation’s top neuroscientists gathered to form a unified front to promote research on brain disorders.
He is the author of two books, “The Kalish Method: Healing the Body Mapping the Mind” and “Your Guide to Healthy Hormones” and is a frequently requested speaker for health summits across the United States.
Frequently Bought Together
Love Dr. Kalish! He makes complex things seem so simple and treatable! Great for practitioner confidence. ~ Hillary
Dr. Kalish was so generous, organized and very persuasive with his material.
awesome loved it ~ Irene
Great class! Information will be very helpful in a practice setting. _ nancy
Fantastic course. Best CEU course I have taken. Well-organized, interesting, USEFUL! ~ Rachel
This program exceeded my expectations by far! Thank you Dr. Kalish! I look forward to attending the Kalish Institute program in the near future. ~ Annie V
Loved the class. Great detail on cortisol and relationship to GI and Liver.
Dr. Dan Kalish is a wealth of knowledge coming from years of experience. He has developed a simple and clear system to help almost every patient who walks in your office. ~Autumn
It was very interesting and a great introduction to functional medicine. ~Andrea
- 1 of 3
- next ›