Please note this product is currently out of stock for purchase
The live webinar for this lecture is now over and the recording is being converted. The recording will be available as an On Demand Video by April 30th and a message will be sent out announcing its availability to those who have registered for the live webinar and on demand recording.
Patients continue to suffer from chronic pain and disability from the residual impact of scar tissue formation long after the initial trauma or surgery. While Western medicine can be effective in addressing the impact of acute trauma, there are few remedies for treating the long-term effects of scars.
Research indicates the acupuncture increases circulation, regenerates the nerves and tissues, lessens pain and breaks up adhesions which pull on the organs, muscles, tissues and meridians. We will explore new techniques for treating different types of scars, the physiological factors that affect healing, side effects of scar adhesions, issues of trauma and cellular memory, topical scar applications, specific palpation skills, and other treatment modalities.
The participants will learn the following:
- The Western medical explanation of scar therapy from a Chinese medicine perspective
- To recognize and treat different types of scars
- The physiological factors that affect the healing process and the side effects of adhesions
- Topical herbal and other applications to enhance scar healing
- Protocols for internal and external scarring
- How trauma and injury impact the patient’s cellular memory
- An introduction to scar therapy: Western and Chinese medicine perspectives on scar formation
- Benefits and contraindications of scar therapy treatments
- Types of scars: hypertrophic, keloids, atrophic, etc
- Physiological factors that affect healing
- Scar imbalances: non-elastic tissue
- Localized adhesions pull on muscles and organs
- Cellular memory and prolonged trauma
- Scars as a constant reminder of the initial damage to the body
- Examples of the side effects of scar adhesions
- Scar facts and guidelines
- The art of scar palpation
- How to treat internal vs. external scarring
- Acupuncture and other treatment modalities
- How to recognize and treat different types of scars – burns, stretch marks, acne scars, vaccination sites, face lifts, hysterectomy, Caesarian section, heart surgery, tubal ligation, etc.
- Scar photographs and demonstrations
Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, author of the book, Constitutional Facial Acupuncture (Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2014) is internationally acknowledged as the leading authority on facial acupuncture. An author and teacher, she is a practitioner who has created innovative treatment protocols that emphasize a constitutional approach to this modality.
Mary Elizabeth is a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist, Zen Shiatsu practitioner and cranio-sacral therapist, and an opera singer. She has contributed significantly to raising awareness of facial acupuncture as a viable, holistic treatment modality.
An opera singer, classical composer, pianist, astrologer, healer, diviner and writer, MichelAngelo was a presenter at the 2011 Conference of the International Society for the Study of Subtle Energy and Energy Medicine (ISSSEEM). An article on his system of Planetary Vibrational Medicine appeared in spring 2012 in the Wood issue of Oriental Medicine Journal.
He has created a 3-part certification series in which he synergizes Western medical astrology with Oriental medicine theory and practice, introducing a variety of vibrational methods of remediation (gem elixirs, tuning forks) to address constitutional balance and imbalance as it is reflected in the Western natal chart and identified through other astrological diagnostic strategies
MichelAngelo is a co-author, with sound healing pioneer Donna Carey, co-creator of the Acutonics® sound healing system, of the ground-breaking advanced level treatise, From Galaxies to Cells: Planetary Science, Harmony and Medicine, to which he contributed information on the musical components of the Acutonics® system, as well extensive information on planetary archetypes and classical music.