Early bird price $85 until April 19th. Regular rate $125.
Even if you cannot make the scheduled time for the live webinar, you will still be able to watch the recordings. Video recordings of the live webinar are placed into your account within 48 hours of the class, so the course will be waiting for you to watch when you are ready.
Live webinars fulfil all 50 hours of live CEUs for California. You have 2 years access to the recording to complete for CEU/PDA.
In this webinar, Dr Corradino will illustrate and explain the neuroanatomy and neurophysiological mechanisms of body electro-acupuncture and how to apply this knowledge to the treatment for neurodegenerative diseases.
Understanding and applying neuroscience to acupuncture helps to maximize acupuncture’s benefits.
Electrical acupuncture is the best way to target specific receptors for the maximum release of neuropeptides for cerebral rehabilitation, and neural synaptic repair. So, EA will be the focus of stimulation for the specific Neuropuncture point prescriptions and will be thoroughly explained. For every condition the following will be included:
- Western medical neurobiology of the medical condition.
- Clinical application of the Neuropuncture Trinity.
- Neuropuncture treatment prescriptions with Electrical Stimulation techniques.
- Treatment plans and lifestyle recommendations will be discussed.
- Honolulu, HI, USA HST (UTC -10) Sat, May 11, 2019 5:45 am - 11:30 am
- Denver, CO, USA MDT (UTC -6) Sat, May 11, 2019 9:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Houston, TX, USA CDT (UTC -5) Sat, May 11, 2019 10:45 am - 4:30 pm
- New York, NY, USA EDT (UTC -4) Sat, May 11, 2019 11:45 am - 5:30 pm
- London, United Kingdom GMT (UTC +1) Sat, May 11, 2019 4:45 pm - 10:30 pm
- Tel Aviv, Israel IDT (UTC +3) Sat, May 11, 2019 6:45 pm - 00:30 am
- Sydney, Australia AEST (UTC +10) Sun, May 12, 2019 1:45 am - 7:30 am
- Auckland, New Zealand NZST (UTC +12) Sun, May 12, 2019 3:45 am - 9:30 am
Goals & Objectives
- Learn how to confidently treat neurodegenerative conditions utilizing the patented Neuropuncture Trinity.
- You will also learn the neurobiology of the top four major neurodegenerative diseases and how that relates to the neurophysiology of acupuncture.
- Alzheimer’s disease/ dementia
- ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) / Motor Neuron Disease
- Parkinson’s (PD)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) - Autoimmune
- Then we will explain the Neuropuncture clinical approach to Neuropuncture treatment prescriptions with dosages
- Review of the Neuropuncture Trinity: 5 neurophysiological mechanisms, 5 Neuropuncture treatment principles, Electric Neuropuncture treatment principles, and review of Neuropuncture reference charts.
- Neurodegenerative statistics and global impact.
- TCM terminology correlated to neurodegenerative.
- The Neurobiology of neurodegenerative diseases.
- EA- Electrical acupuncture’s role in neuromodulation
- Neuropuncture clinical prescriptions
- Protocols: Top 4 conditions
- Lifestyle modifications
- Questions and Answers, Program Worksheet
Dr. Michael Corradino, Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, and Founder/CEO of Neuropuncture LLC, graduated from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Cum Laude, in 1995 with Masters in Traditional Oriental Medicine after studying molecular biology at Seton Hall University. Dr. Corradino has been in the field of Integrated Medicine since his graduation (19+yrs). Michael’s mission in life is to reach and expose quality Traditional Chinese Medicine to as many people as possible in his lifetime as to present an effective, quality option for health care and aiding in the integration of Eastern, Western, and, Natural medicine. While on the east coast, Dr. Corradino ran the acupuncture department for several integrated medical facilities as well as owning an acupuncture medical billing company. Michael relocated to San Diego in 2004 to complete his Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, DAOM, in an effort to further enrich and deepen his understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine. While completing his doctorate, Michael completed the undergraduate philosophy program at San Diego State University.
Dr. Corradino is currently a faculty member and clinical supervisor at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Dr. Corradino has lectured at various professional institutions including UC Irvine School of Medicine, the Pacific Symposium, the San Diego Art Institute, SDSU, was a guest on KUSI San Diego live morning news, had a health segment on CSKeys sports talk show named “On the mic with Dr. Mike”, and is in the process of writing his first book on “Neuropuncture, a neuroscience acupuncture system”. Dr. Corradino was in the nation’s first graduating class of the Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM). This post graduate doctorate is a two and half year, integrated, clinical doctorate in Traditional Chinese Medicine which includes but is not limited to the study of the five main Chinese medical classics, Chinese Medical language, advanced areas of specialty, an integrated clinical internship, and a Capstone proposal in which Dr. Corradino ran a successful clinical electroacupuncture trial on Sciatica due to intervertebral disc herniation. Dr. Corradino has also studied medicine under five highly renowned and experienced doctors at two hospitals and one medical school in China. Combining all of this knowledge and through extensive research Dr. Corradino has created a new unique system of acupuncture named, Neuropuncture. Neuropuncture is an acupuncture system that incorporates neuroscience and other western medical science into its clinical applications for pain management, orthopedic conditions, and internal medicine.
Dr. Corradino’s specialties are pain management, neuromuscular conditions, internal medicine, and general well being/ longevity. Acupuncture and various types of electroacupuncture, Traditional Chinese Herbology, cupping and Tui Na (Chinese structural alignment) are his specialties. Dr. Corradino’s passion, devotion and belief in the Integration of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medical science contribute to his success.
After being the Director of Integrated Medicine for Bay Recovery Medical Facilities (a center for the treatment of chronic pain and chemical dependency) and partner/ co- founder, and chief formulator of Natural Cures LLC, a nutraceutical company that integrates multiple fields of science and medical philosophy to formulate all natural products for a full range of aliments, Dr. Corradino opened the “North County Integrated Acupuncture Center” (NCIAC), located in the Pomerado Outpatient Pavilion with Matt Alavi, L.Ac. This Center specializes and is formulating a model of integrated medicine that is truly unique. NCIAC has just been contracted with Pomerado Palomar Hospital institution and is now the “PPH Center for Integrative Medicine and Wellness”. With this new adventure we hope to bring a new era of “Integrative medicine” to our nation.
Currently Dr. Corradino is the resident acupuncturist for the elite “Golden Door Spa and retreat”, where he treats clients 2-3 times weekly. He has started the “An mian” sleep program, where he lectures on TCM and how to achieve optimal quality sleep through the understandings of TCM and neuroscience. Dr. Corradino also has formulated a line of herbal infused nutraceutical products specifically for the Golden Door’s retail store and private clients.