The issue of Recurrent Miscarriage is a complex one, encompassing as it does far more than just a basic issue of Deficiency (Xu). When clients arrive at our clinics, it is incumbent upon us as practitioners to understand the full spectrum of the medical history we take, to diagnose with a pinpoint accuracy, and to have the confidence to follow through this diagnosis to a full and specifically tailored treatment. When it comes to issues such as PCOS, Endometriosis, Thyroid Disorders and Pre-Eclampsia, there is a thread running through them. Understanding this thread allows the practitioner to not only diagnose better, but to pre-empt potential issues in subsequent pregnancies and to support the client by showing a comprehensive understanding of their issue from a Western and TCM point of view. In addition, the Recurrent Miscarriage clients' issues are all too often underpinned by a disordered immune system. The ability of the practitioner to differentiate between (and master the understanding of), a Reproductive Immunology problem and an overactive immune system (which produces, for example, Hayfever), transforms the ability of the practitioner to support the client to a better outcome. This session should put together different pieces of the puzzle for practitioners, contextualise them, and give them tools to help their clients in a new and exciting way.
Practitioners should be able to:
- See the connection between PCOS/Endometriosis/Thyroid disorders and Pre-Eclampsia in order to either successfully treat currently, retrospectively or preemptively.
- Understand how to translate Western medical concepts into a TCM diagnosis and therefore treat more effectively.
- Understand Reproductive Immunology and its implications for implantation.
- Treat as the client needs - not as fear dictates - in the clinic room.
We will cover the following topics in detail: each topic will be broken down into Western Medical and Traditional Chinese Medicine terms.
- Reproductive Immunology (RI), Recurrent Miscarriage (RI), Pre-Eclampsia
- Thyroid Conditions, Endometriosis, PCOS and Adipose Tissue implications
- Overlapping Pathologies, The Classic vs Adaptive Approach, The effects of medication on the patient
- Food as medicine and the RI patient, Mushrooms and the RI patient
- Summary, Question and Answers, Program Worksheet and Quiz
Naava has been in practice since 1999 and is an experienced fertility, gynaecological and obstetric acupuncturist and Herbalist specialising in complex autoimmune disorders such as unexplained infertility, recurrent miscarriage, hypermobility in pregnancy, PCOS, Endometriosis and other inflammatory conditions.
She is also a Recognised Doula (birthing assistant) and Doula Mentor with Doula UK.
Her treatments are designed to tackle the underlying causes of infertility and help men and women enhance their chances of conception naturally and in conjunction with IVF and IUI.