The ear offers an exciting and precise map of the brain that can be noninvasively accessed for assessing and treating challenging, chronic migraine headaches.
Learn how to read the ear and access its direct pathway to the brain that results in profound healing with an individualized, hence more effective approach.
This webinar will give you practical information that you will be able to use in your practice the next day!
- To gain knowledge about the history and science of auricular medicine
- To learn to navigate the map of the brain projected on the ear
- To be able to use the ear for precise assessment and accurate treatment of 3 common causes of migraines
- To know the treatment options and the proper needling technique for auricular
- Introduction to Auricular Medicine, including the microsystem, learning the map, and istory and new research Orientation to the anatomy of the ear
- We explore 3 common causes of migraines and how to determine which to focus on
- Finding the specific ear points that correspond to the cause of the migraine
- Proper needling technique and other treatment options Functional and emotional support points for migraine patients
- Putting together a treatment plan
Dave Maybee, RMT is the lead instructor for the Canadian Institute of Auricular Medicine. He and his wife Amy own a multidisciplinary clinic in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, where he integrates MyoFascial and Cranial Sacral work into his treatments, believing fully in a whole system approach to healing. Dave has been involved with the growth of Auricular Medicine since 2005. www.clearpathholistic.com
Canadian Institute of Auricular Medicine offers an accessible approach to teaching a full system of auricular based in the work of Dr. Frank Bahr, a former student and colleague of the Father of Auricular, Dr. Paul Nogier. Dr. Bahr’s approach has brought into focus a system that allows practitioners to access the subtle information of the central nervous system and to prioritize active points on the ear. Further developed by clinical experience, CIAM brings its own flavour and love of teaching to make a learning experience that is an exciting string of clinical pearls. www.canadianauricular.ca